In This Episode:
In this podcast, I interview Dr Nasha Winters, the author of the Metabolic Approach to Cancer, and we discuss the link between cancer and mitochondrial health and so much more!
- 04:15 How would Dr. Winters qualify longevity with regard to cancer?
- 08:00 What to do when you first get diagnosed with cancer.
- 09:53 What are Dr. Winters’ thoughts on the causes of cancer?
- 13:35 The link between cancer, mitochondria, and longevity
- 16:35 Learning to take an adaptive theory approach to create peace in the body.
- 19:20 How to approach beating cancer from a metabolic approach.
- 25:10 Why people lose their hair with chemotherapy
- 28:30 Unpacking the ‘press pull’ strategy (making the cancer cell metabolically fragile)
- 32:15 Why fasting is so beautiful for dealing with fighting cancerous cells
- 35:55 Why the best hunters were good fasters!
- 38:50 What happens when the cancer cells in our body gain momentum
- 41:00 What does longevity mean for Dr. Winters?
- 43:20 Dr. Winters shares on the ‘luck’ of getting an early diagnosis
- 44:20 What should you do when you get a cancer diagnosis?
- 46:30 The power of plugging into your circadian rhythm
- 47:45 The importance of Community: You don’t have to do this all by yourself
- 50:55 Learning about The Metabolic Terrain Institute of Health
How can you thrive in the midst of a cancer diagnosis? Dr. Nasha Winters is an integrative oncologist, naturopath, licensed acupuncturist, and one of Dr. Jockers’ favorite guests on the show!
Dr. Winters lectures all over the world, training physicians in the application of mistletoe therapy and consulting with researchers on projects involving immune modulation and mistletoe, hypothermia, and the ketogenic diet.
Her book, The Metabolic Approach to Cancer, offers some applicable strategies for healing cancer and in today’s episode, she and Dr. Jockers are chatting about the mindset you need to overcome the big C.
They also share some practical tools you can apply before, during, and after your diagnosis. Plus, there’s also a great mnemonic ‘CDC’ that can help you prioritize your healthy approach.
Learn about what longevity means if you have a cancer diagnosis, and how you can improve the quality of your life and overcome this ‘era of despair’. What comes before the diagnosis – and what we can do to change the outcome. The answers lie, in part, in our metabolic approach to our health.
If you know of anyone dealing with cancer, this is definitely the interview to share with them. Let’s dive into the show!
“Over 93% of us are walking around on this planet with dysfunction in our body that is actually contributing to poor longevity.“
-Dr. Nasha Winters
We partner with great companies that make superior products that can help benefit your health. These products have gone through a review and vetting process by Dr. Jockers and his team and are products that we use and recommend for others.
They are truly the best of the best supplements, tools, and resources you can find to help improve your health! Even better, we have worked with the manufacturers to get you exclusive community discounts so you can get them for the lowest price on the internet.
If you are over 40 and seeking to overcome fatigue and brain fog, an excellent solution is available. Carbon 60, also known as C60, is a powerful Nobel Prize-winning antioxidant that optimizes mitochondrial function, combats inflammation and neutralizes toxic free radicals.
Today’s episode is proudly sponsored by shopc60.com. By visiting this website and using the coupon code “JOCKERS,” you can enjoy a 15% discount on your first order. Whether you follow a keto or intermittent fasting lifestyle or have a sensitive digestive system, shopc60.com offers a range of products tailored to your needs.
Paleovalley Grass Fed Organ Complex
But that’s not all! This episode is also brought to you by Paleovalley’s Grass Fed Organ Complex, a game-changer for those looking to benefit from traditional superfoods without tolerating their taste or engaging in extensive cooking.
Paleovalley’s Grass Fed Organ Complex is a standout among their impressive lineups. It features not one, but THREE organs sourced from healthy, 100% grass-fed, pasture-raised cows, delivering a diverse array of essential nutrients. For a limited time, you can enjoy a generous 15% discount on the Grass Fed Organ Complex by visiting Paleovalley.com/jockers.
Subscribe To The Podcast On:
- Paleovalley Grass Fed Organ Complex
- Shop Carbon 60 – Use the coupon code “JOCKERS” for 15% OFF your first order in all their products!
Connect with Dr. Nasha:
Metabolic Health Website – https://mtih.org/
Website – https://www.drnasha.com/
Book – The Metabolic Approach to Cancer: Integrating Deep Nutrition, the Ketogenic Diet, and Nontoxic Bio-Individualized Therapies: Winters ND FABNO L.Ac Dipl.OM, Dr. Nasha, Kelley MNT, Jess Higgins, Turner, Kelly: 9781603586863: Amazon.com: Books
Connect with Dr. David Jockers:
- If you are interested in being a guest on the show, we would love to hear from you! Please contact us here!