In This Episode:
In this podcast, I interview bestselling author Cynthia Thurlow and we discuss how women can use intermittent fasting to reduce inflammation, balance hormones and burn fat and we also review how to master your sleep so you can recover from the stressors of life more effectively.
- 05:45 Understanding hormesis (stress and fasting)
- 06:20 What life stage are you in?
- 07:20 Sleep, stress, and nutrition as the foundation for fasting
- 08:30 What are the benefits of fasting?
- 09:50 Autophagy to get rid of disease
- 10:45 How are we balancing other hormetic stress in our bodies?
- 12:45 Respecting fasting as a stressor on our bodies (and not overdoing it)
- 13:40 Understanding the phases of a menstrual cycle (and how to approach it with fasting)
- 14:50 Appreciating the role of progesterone in our body during the menstrual cycle
- 18:20 Losing your menstrual cycle: a sign that your body is under hormetic stress
- 19:30 Why sleep is so foundational
- 24:00 What can set you up for a great night’s sleep?
- 30:00 Additional insights from Dr. Jockers on getting a good night’s sleep!
- 32:30 How should you embrace intermittent fasting as you age?
- 35:00 How much protein per day does Cynthia recommend?
- 36:35 Understanding which foods and fats are best for your blood sugar levels?
- 37:15 Why is weight training so important?
- 38:40 Why our muscles are a glucose reservoir
- 40:20 Stop snacking and start restructuring your meals!
- 40:50 Cynthia shares about her book, ‘Intermittent Fasting Transformation’
What are some of the best strategies for women to apply when it comes to intermittent fasting? And how important is sleep as a foundation for better fasting?
Today’s guest is Cynthia Thurlow, a Nurse Practitioner and author of the bestselling book, ‘Intermittent Fasting Transformation‘. Cynthia is also the host of the ‘Everyday Wellness’ podcast and is a globally recognized expert on intermittent fasting and women’s health!
Holistic health and wellness for women so that they are empowered to live optimal lives is Cynthia’s mission and the overarching theme of today’s episode. And we all know how much Dr. Jockers loves talking about the virtues of intermittent fasting!
From autophagy to hormesis, all the terms and techniques you need to best understand intermittent fasting as it relates to your life stage are all covered in today’s episode.
How should women approach fasting when it comes to their menstrual cycle, menopause, and perimenopause? And how can women improve their insulin sensitivity throughout their cycle?
The answers to these questions – and more – in this illuminating episode of Functional Nutrition that will surely impact someone’s life. Let that someone be you or someone you care about by sharing this valuable content!
“We’re really in a metabolic health crisis. And so, when I talk to women, and in particular about intermittent fasting, it’s with the understanding and the context of there’s a time to fast and there’s a time not to fast.“
We partner with great companies that make superior products that can help benefit your health. These products have gone through a review and vetting process by Dr. Jockers and his team and are products that we use and recommend for others.
They are truly the best of the best supplements, tools, and resources you can find to help improve your health! Even better, we have worked with the manufacturers to get you exclusive community discounts so you can get them for the lowest price on the internet.
If you are over 40 and seeking to overcome fatigue and brain fog, an excellent solution is available. Carbon 60, also known as C60, is a powerful Nobel Prize-winning antioxidant that optimizes mitochondrial function, combats inflammation and neutralizes toxic free radicals.
Today’s episode is proudly sponsored by shopc60.com. By visiting this website and using the coupon code “JOCKERS,” you can enjoy a 15% discount on your first order. Whether you follow a keto or intermittent fasting lifestyle or have a sensitive digestive system, shopc60.com offers a range of products tailored to your needs.
Paleovalley Grass Fed Organ Complex
But that’s not all! This episode is also brought to you by Paleovalley’s Grass Fed Organ Complex, a game-changer for those looking to benefit from traditional superfoods without tolerating their taste or engaging in extensive cooking.
Paleovalley’s Grass Fed Organ Complex is a standout among their impressive lineups. It features not one, but THREE organs sourced from healthy, 100% grass-fed, pasture-raised cows, delivering a diverse array of essential nutrients. For a limited time, you can enjoy a generous 15% discount on the Grass Fed Organ Complex by visiting Paleovalley.com/jockers.
Subscribe To The Podcast On:
- Paleovalley Grass Fed Organ Complex
- Shop Carbon 60 – Use the coupon code “JOCKERS” for 15% OFF your first order in all their products!
Connect with Cynthia Thurlow:
Website – https://cynthiathurlow.com/
Connect with Dr. David Jockers:
- If you are interested in being a guest on the show, we would love to hear from you! Please contact us here!