In This Episode:
In this podcast, I have a conversation with Danny Grannick, who is the CEO of Bristle Health, a company that has developed the world’s first microbiome test to give you insights into your oral health.
This is a personalized and preventative approach to oral health that is an absolute game changer. We go through the importance of the oral microbiome and my personal test results and the significance of the findings.
- 03:00 Introduction to Bristle Health and Danny Grannick
- 05:30 Why is the oral microbiome so important?
- 07:55 What are the similarities between the oral and gut microbiome?
- 10:05 What are some of the major bacteria in our mouth?
- 12:58 Beware P. gingivalis, one of the key drivers of periodontal disease.
- 15:54 Dr. Jockers shares his bristle score.
- 17:14 What is nitric oxide for?
- 18:38 Understanding bad breath.
- 24:43 What are the links between gut and gum inflammation?
- 28:42 What is campylobacter?
- 29:55 The Bristle Health Care Plan
- 32:10 Are their holistic dentists providing better, less toxic solutions?
- 35:44 How to get started with Bristle Health
- 38:30 What are the best strategies for improving your oral microbiome?
- 41:13 What are some of the probiotics that benefit the oral microbiome?
What’s going on in your mouth? Today we’re talking oral health! How do you measure your dental and oral microbiome? When there is unwanted bacteria in your mouth it can drive up inflammation in your body, increasing the risk of chronic disease.
To help us unpack this important topic, Dr. Jockers has invited Danny Grannick, CEO of Bristle Health, a company that has developed the world’s first microbiome test to give you insights into your oral health. This is a personalized and preventative approach to oral health that is an absolute game changer. Use the coupon code DRJOCKERS at Bristle Health to save 10% on their oral microbiome test kit.
In this episode, Dr. Jockers discusses the results of his oral microbiome test – fascinating stuff! There’s also an overview of the bacteria in our mouth, and how our mouth microbiome is similar to that in our gut.
Is high diversity in your mouth actually a good thing? What are the links between gut and gum inflammation? Are lots of dentists still putting toxic chemicals in our mouths when we get fillings? Are electric toothbrushes better than manual ones?
Learn what’s going on in your mouth in this innovative episode of Functional Nutrition that is as healthy for you as flossing your teeth! Please join us.
“The oral microbiome is the makeup of bacteria, fungi, and viruses. Specifically, we look at those microbes in the context of your mouth.“
We partner with great companies that make superior products that can help benefit your health. These products have gone through a review and vetting process by Dr. Jockers and his team and are products that we use and recommend for others.
They are truly the best of the best supplements, tools, and resources you can find to help improve your health! Even better, we have worked with the manufacturers to get you exclusive community discounts so you can get them for the lowest price on the internet.
If you are over 40 and seeking to overcome fatigue and brain fog, an excellent solution is available. Carbon 60, also known as C60, is a powerful Nobel Prize-winning antioxidant that optimizes mitochondrial function, combats inflammation and neutralizes toxic free radicals.
Today’s episode is proudly sponsored by shopc60.com. By visiting this website and using the coupon code “JOCKERS,” you can enjoy a 15% discount on your first order. Whether you follow a keto or intermittent fasting lifestyle or have a sensitive digestive system, shopc60.com offers a range of products tailored to your needs.
Paleovalley Organ Complex
Today’s Episode is brought to you by Paleovalley’s Organ Complex, my favorite way to get a full spectrum of traditional superfoods, loaded with nutrients, into your body faster, easier, and without having to tolerate the taste (or cooking for that matter).
Here’s the part you’ll love, especially if you understand the importance of eating these nutrient-dense organ meats… Grass Fed Organ Complex contains not one but three organs from healthy, 100% grass-fed, pasture-raised cows so you are getting a more diverse array of nutrients. Right now, you can get 15% off Organ Complex by clicking here: Paleovalley.com/jockers
Subscribe To The Podcast On:
- Get 10% off by using the code DRJOCKERS when you visit https://bristlehealth.com
- Shop Carbon 60 – Use the coupon code “JOCKERS” for 15% OFF your first order in all their products!
- Paleovalley’s Organ Complex: Save 15% by going here – Paleovalley.com/jockers
Connect with Danny Grannick:
- Website – https://www.bristlehealth.com/
- Use the coupon code DRJOCKERS at Bristle Health to save 10% on their oral microbiome test kit.
Connect with Dr. David Jockers:
- If you are interested in being a guest on the show, we would love to hear from you! Please contact us here!