In This Episode:
- How Dr. Perlmutter learned to push the envelope in areas of alternative lifestyle approaches to brain health, including diet and supplements
- What happens when the body uses stored fat as a fuel source?
- The amazing benefits of a ketogenic diet according to actual scientific studies
- Do you have “Grain Brain?”
- Proof that your blood sugar today affects your risk for dementia tomorrow
- The degenerative brain disease that’s being called “type 3 diabetes”
- The American Academy of Neurology’s new guidelines for patients with MCI (Mild Cognitive Impairment)
- The effectiveness of a multi-disciplinary approach can work even for stroke victims
- What happens to your brain when you fast?
Today’s episode is proudly sponsored by Cacao Bliss, a superfood unprocessed chocolate powder. Boost your feel-good neurotransmitters while protecting your body from oxidative stress! Use it in almond milk, or for baking. Experience pure bliss at Cacao Bliss and use code DAVID to get 15% off!
Even if you are genetically predisposed to neurodegenerative diseases, there are ways to prevent and overcome it. Dr. Perlmutter is known as the “Empowering Neurologist,” and he’s here to discuss the lifestyle changes you can make right now that will improve your brain health for years to come. He sees Alzheimer’s as a preventable disease and has the science to back it up. Get ready to feel better in body and mind today, tomorrow, and for years to come!
We all face thousands of decisions every single day, some more stressful than others. This stress, compounded by the stress of experiencing a global pandemic, can have a very real impact on the health of your brain and your quality of life. This is why it’s more important than ever to take particularly good care of your brain. Dr. Perlmutter and his team at Science of Prevention have released this FREE ebook on How to Protect Your Brain During a Pandemic! Get your copy today!
“The reality is that we are just really starting to see this widespread appreciation that our lifestyle choices—including sleep, diet, nutritional supplements, exercise—are the most powerful approaches to maintaining brain health that we’ve ever known about.”
-Dr. David Perlmutter, MD
Subscribe to the podcast on:
- Cacao Bliss – Use Code DAVID for 15% off
Connect with Dr. Perlmutter:
- Website and newsletter
- Dr. Perlmutter’s Free ebook on How to Protect Your Brain During a Pandemic
Connect with Dr. Jockers:
- If you are interested in being a guest on the show, we would love to hear from you! Please contact us here!