In This Episode:
- Inflammation sounds awful (and it can be!) but it plays a surprisingly vital role in a healthy body
- What kind of inflammation requires urgent attention and the dire results if you wait too late
- How simply fasting heals a leaky gut and calms chronic inflammation
- Start with seven – Begin fasting TODAY using Peter’s sure-fire strategies (they don’t cost you a dime!)
- The fasting strategy for people happy with their weight but annoyed with slow healing
Today’s episode is proudly sponsored by Pique Tea – pure, effective, accessible Tea Crystals designed for radiant health. I love to wind down with their new Electric Turmeric. It’s fermented for maximized absorption and delivers unparalleled immune support. You can find it and other healthy, delicious Tea Crystals at piquetea.com/drjockers. Be sure to use code JOCKERS for an extra 5% off your first order!
Fasting offers a lot of benefits to the body, weight loss being one of the most popular. Today, Dr. Peter Osborne discusses the effects of fasting in the gut, particularly in the healing process of chronic inflammation. Dr. Osborne is a doctor of pastoral science, an expert in functional nutrition, and the owner and director of Origins Health Care. He reveals how inflammation has been widely misunderstood and what specific type of inflammation we need to resolve to help the body function at its best. Discover how proper fasting addresses issues with gut inflammation and the 7 strategies that support effective fasting.
“When you fast, you are letting the gut take a vacation. You are allowing the gut to rest so that it can do its job the next day.”
-Dr. Peter Osborne
Subscribe to the podcast on:
- Pique Tea – Use Code JOCKERS for 5% off
- No Grain, No Pain: A 30-Day Diet for Eliminating the Root Cause of Chronic Pain Paperback
Connect with Dr. Osborne:
Connect with Dr. Jockers:
- If you are interested in being a guest on the show, we would love to hear from you! Please contact us here!
People who listened to this podcast also enjoyed:
- Gut Brain Connection and PANDAS with Pamela Wirth
- Functional Digestive Health Testing to BioHack Your Gut
- Top 7 Herbs To Support Healthy Blood Sugar Levels
- Using Bone Broth for Joint, Gut & Immune Health with Justin Mares
- Functional Lab Testing and Gut Health with Dr. John Dempster