In This Episode:
- Understand the difference between nutrigenetics and nutrigenomics [11:06]
- This gene is responsible for everything that is happening inside our bodies [12:38]
- Learn about polymorphism and how a single spelling change affects the genetic variance of individuals [15:45]
- Find out why “mutation” is a horrible word and what we should be calling it instead [19:35]
- 2003 is the year when a big dream about genetics did not come to fruition, and here’s the reason why it didn’t… [24:35]
- This is how every decision we make every single day is causing our genes to switch on and off [33:44]
- Understand how our genetic variances are impacting our choices from the types of exercise we do to the foods we eat and how we lose or gain weight [33:44]
Dr. Yael Joffe joins Dr. Jockers in this new episode to talk about one of the hottest topics today – genetics. Dr. Joffe is a world expert when it comes to genetics. If you want to understand how our genes are impacting our food choices, habits, lifestyles, and even mindsets, she has simple, easy-to-understand facts to help you with the insights you need. She explains how a single letter can make a huge difference in the composition of your genes which then leads to a variance in your choices and how your body reacts differently to certain environmental conditions.
“The spelling changes in our DNA determine how we’re different from each other, how we respond to the food we eat, how we respond to trauma, stress, and everything happening around us.”
-Dr. Yael Joffe
Today’s episode is proudly sponsored by Paleovalley and its 100% grass-fed beef and 100% pasture-raised turkey meat sticks, one of the choice snacks in my household. Hurry and grab yours from Paleovalley.com and be sure to use code JOCKERS at checkout for an extra 15% off!
Have you checked out Dr Jockers amazing book on Fasting? It’s called — Fasting Transformation: A Functional Guide To Burn Fat, Heal Your Body, And Transform Your Life With Intermittent And Extended Fasting.
You can find this great book available on AMAZON! We’d love your support (and if you like the book) I know he’d appreciate a review too! Claim Your Copy Here.
Subscribe to the podcast on:
- Paleovalley Beef Sticks – Use Code JOCKERS for 15% off
- The Fasting Transformation by Dr. David Jockers
- The Power of Genetics by Dr. Yael Joffe
- The Chronic Inflammation Summit is online and FREE from June 6-12, 2022.
- Get Your Own 3×4 Test – https://drjockers.lpages.co/3×4-genetics-testing/
Connect with Dr. Yael Joffe:
- Website – https://3x4genetics.com/
- Facebook – https://www.facebook.com/3X4Genetics/
- 3×4 Practitioners Network – https://www.3x4genetics.com/for-practitioners/
- 3×4 for Patients – https://www.3x4genetics.com/for-patients/
- Instagram – https://www.instagram.com/accounts/login/?next=/3x4genetics/
Connect with Dr. Jockers:
- If you are interested in being a guest on the show, we would love to hear from you! Please contact us here!
People who listened to this podcast also enjoyed:
- 12 Great Brain Boosting Foods & Herbs
- Intermittent Fasting Strategies for Women with Cynthia Thurlow
- 10 Common Intermittent Fasting Myths
- Functional Nutrition for Heart Health with Dr. Jack Wolfson
- Sleep Tracking: Technology to Improve Sleep Quality