In This Episode:
- The Big 3 game-changing questions: What are the pluses of proton-pump inhibitor medication, when do doctors prescribe it, and how does it pare down acid reflux disorder?
- Find out how much long-term damage acid can do to your esophagus and your entire digestive system.
- 9 common hints that you have heartburn and what existing condition puts a person more at risk of long-standing heartburn.
- Discover the huge role proton pump inhibitors play in controlling gastric acid in the stomach BUT why long-term dependency on PPI is dangerous.
- If stomach acid is not your enemy, then who is? Learn the 7 major jobs of stomach acid within your digestive system.
- 19 common symptoms to watch for to signal low stomach acid levels, especially in people with low autoimmunity.
- 5 compelling reasons why long-term use of heartburn medication is dangerous (based on THESE nasty side effects) and the 10 simple habits you can adopt today so you won’t need them.
Today’s episode is proudly sponsored by Paleovalley and its 100% grass-fed beef and 100% pasture-raised turkey meat sticks, one of the choice snacks in my household. Hurry and grab yours from Paleovalley.com/jockers and be sure to use code JOCKERS at checkout for an extra 15% off!
BIG NEWS! Dr. Jockers just released his BRAND NEW book on Fasting! It’s called — Fasting Transformation: A Functional Guide To Burn Fat, Heal Your Body, And Transform Your Life With Intermittent And Extended Fasting. AND we’re so excited that it’s now available on AMAZON! We’d love your support (and if you like the book) I know he’d appreciate a review too! Claim Your Copy Here.
Too much and too little of something spoils everything. Whether it’s in the food you eat, the medicines you take, or the indulgences you entertain, moderation is key to a safer, healthier life. Dr. Jockers discusses the dangers of prolonged intake of heartburn medications and the natural solutions that can help alleviate the pain instead. He also tackles the major causes of why heartburn happens, the types of individuals who are more prone to suffer from it, and the specific activities you can incorporate in your daily activities to help improve your digestive environment.
“Medications have a time and place. Many of them have side effects, and taking them long-term can be dangerous.”
– Dr. David Jockers
Subscribe to the podcast on:
- Paleovalley Beef Sticks – Use Code JOCKERS for 15% off
- The Fasting Transformation by Dr. David Jockers
- Subscribe and leave a review today
Connect with Dr. Jockers:
- If you are interested in being a guest on the show, we would love to hear from you! Please contact us here!
People who listened to this podcast also enjoyed:
- Functional Digestive Health Testing to BioHack Your Gut
- Top 7 Benefits of a Ketogenic Lifestyle
- Fasting to Heal Gut Inflammation with Dr. Peter Osborne
- Top 7 Herbs To Support Healthy Blood Sugar Levels
- Microbiome, Immune & Digestive Health Strategies with Kiran Krishnan