In This Episode:
- Who says only the body deserves a break? Get to know the neurotransmitter that allows the brain to have a break when things get stressful. [00:53]
- Those “butterflies in your stomach” may not be as flattering as you thought. Understand the intimate connection between the gut microbiome and the brain. [02:35]
- Find out what happens to the brain when an individual is exposed to a prolonged stressful situation. [04:55]
- There’s a critical activity that allows the brain to rewire and boosts GABA production. Check the best time to do this activity for optimum benefits. [07:42]
- One of the best things that can be done to address the roots of anxiety. [14:41]
This Episodes Sponsors
Today’s episode is proudly sponsored by Perfect Keto. Perfect Keto Cereal is a grain-free, keto-friendly cereal with ingredients you can actually trust. A treat reminiscent of your childhood, with a satisfying crunch and value-added ingredients like collagen and MCTs. They use clean, minimal ingredient formulations backed by research, that are obsessively tested to be keto-friendly and delicious. No gluten, soy, added sugar, fillers, chemicals, or anything artificial. Enjoy it any time, anywhere. Visit perfectketo.com/drj and use code JOCKERS at checkout to get 20% off your order today.
This episode is also proudly sponsored by C60PurplePower.com. Carbon 60 (C60) is a recently discovered, Nobel Prize-winning, super anti-oxidant that supports a healthy inflammatory response, promotes healthy immune function, and increases energy and mental clarity in most users. C60 Purple Power is the “Swiss Army Knife” of antioxidants because it helps the body replace four critical antioxidants that decrease as we age. If you are interested in healthy aging – you MUST check out C60 Purple Power! Use code DRJOCKERS for 15% OFF at https://c60purplepower.com/jockers.
Today’s stressors can take their toll on an individual and when they do, serious conditions may occur. Dr. Jockers is joined by Tara Peterson, a certified health coach and behavioral change specialist, to let us know that the brain deserves a break, too! She explains how this break can be initiated and the dangers of not allowing it the chance to rest when it’s needed.
“In the world, we live in today, there’s a lot of stress and anxiety. Using stress management can be really beneficial.”
– Tara Peterson
Subscribe to the podcast on:
- C60 Purple Flower – Use Code JOCKERS for 15% off!
- Perfect Keto Cereal – Use Code JOCKERS for 20% off
Connect with Tara Peterson:
Connect with Dr. Jockers:
- If you are interested in being a guest on the show, we would love to hear from you! Please contact us here!
People who listened to this podcast also enjoyed:
- Leaky Gut, Endotoxemia, Inflammation and Microbiome Reconditioning with Kiran Krishnan
- Gut Inflammation: Causes, Testing, and Support Strategies
- Keto Hacks for Women with Leanne Vogel
- Blood Sugar, Electrolytes, Keto, and Saving the Planet with Robb Wolf
- Mitochondrial Optimization, Circadian Rhythm, Light & Melatonin with Ari Whitten