In This Episode:
- Find out what came out from Dr. Van Vliet’s research on isolated proteins versus whole food-based proteins [08:34]
- Why do athletes get the majority of their daily proteins from whole food sources? [09:09]
- Learn how the whole food matrix is impacting the muscle protein synthetic response and metabolism [12:13]
- Understand the main difference between whole milk and skimmed milk [15:29]
- Hear Dr. Van Vliet’s recommendations for someone who wants to optimize their muscle protein synthesis and recovery from exercise [16:30]
- Discover the controversial role of DHA and APA in dealing with chronically elevated insulin [23:30]
- Compare how the phytonutrients we are getting from direct consumption of plants differ from consuming plants through grass-fed animals [40:23]
Food has a direct impact on our health. Whether it’s a positive or a negative impact relies hugely on the kind of foods we are consuming day by day. Dr. Stephan Van Vliet joins Dr. Jockers in today’s episode to talk about his work which focuses on the effects of phytonutrients derived from beef on human metabolism.
He also tackles how food, coupled with physical exercise, helps in battling chronic inflammation. Tune in to learn more about the findings from his studies and research.
“AGEs accelerate the aging process. These are sticky proteins that damage the endothelial lining of our blood vessels, damage our kidneys, and damage our nerves.”
-Dr. David Jockers
We partner with great companies that make superior products that can help benefit your health. These products have gone through a review and vetting process by Dr. Jockers and his team and are products that we use and recommend for others.
They are truly the best of the best supplements, tools, and resources you can find to help improve your health! Even better, we have worked with the manufacturers to get you exclusive community discounts so you can get them for the lowest price on the internet.
Paleovalley Turmeric Complex
Today’s episode is sponsored by Paleovalley Turmeric Complex. Turmeric is well known for its anti-inflammatory properties, but did you know it has also been shown to support cellular health, workout recovery, joint health, and brain function? And not all turmeric is created equal, which is why I always choose Paleovalley Turmeric Complex.
Paleovalley uses whole food turmeric and adds coconut oil and black pepper to help with the absorption of turmeric by 2,000%. Hurry and grab yours from Paleovalley.com/jockers to save 15% off today!
Today’s episode is proudly sponsored by Lifeboost Coffee. They provide premium, low acid, healthy coffee that is easy on your gut and 3rd party tested for mycotoxins, molds, heavy metals, plus 450+ toxins. It’s a staple in my household. Hurry and grab your first order for 50% off here: www.LifeboostDeal.com.
Why do low-carbs need so much sodium? When insulin levels drop, so does the production of the hormone aldosterone. This triggers a process that makes you LOSE sodium at a rapid rate, causing headaches, low energy, muscle cramps, and insomnia.
- Paleovalley Turmeric Complex – Go to paleovalley.com/jockers – to get 15% off today
- Lifeboost Coffee – Click the link for 50% off
- LMNT Recharge with Free Sample Pack offer – https://drinklmnt.com/drjockers
Connect with Dr. Stephan Van Vliet:
Connect with Dr. Jockers:
- If you are interested in being a guest on the show, we would love to hear from you! Please contact us here!