In This Episode:
- Types of organisms living inside our gut and how to create a healthy ecosystem for these organisms [06:47]
- What happens to the body when the gut lining is compromised and gets damaged [10:46]
- Different ways intermittent fasting is beneficial to the gut lining [16:16]
- How the secondary feeders thrive more than the primary feeders and why we want these secondary feeders to eat the mucus lining [19:04]
- The best way to start with extended fasting, if you’ve never fasted in your life [23:12]
- Natural strategies to help bring the gut back to health [27:41]
In this episode, Dr. Jockers is a guest at the Engineering Microbiome Summit where he gets interviewed by Dr. Lindsey Elmore. He talks about the world of gut microbiomes and shares practical methods that help protect the gut lining from being damaged.
He also talks about the natural techniques and strategies to restore its health when it’s already worn out or compromised. Learn the different ways we could be exposing the gut to damage, from the food we eat to the lifestyle we practice, and the potential threat it can do to the rest of our system when this damage is not reversed.
“”Intermittent fasting has been shown to improve the diversity of our microbiome and increase the keystone bacteria Akkermansia Muciniphila, which produces these compounds called urolithins that turn on intestinal cell mitophagy and create a stronger, more stress resilient intestinal lining.”
-Dr. David Jockers
We partner with great companies that make superior products that can help benefit your health. These products have gone through a review and vetting process by Dr. Jockers and his team and are products that we use and recommend for others.
They are truly the best of the best supplements, tools, and resources you can find to help improve your health! Even better, we have worked with the manufacturers to get you exclusive community discounts so you can get them for the lowest price on the internet.
Paleovalley Turmeric Complex
Today’s episode is sponsored by Paleovalley Turmeric Complex. Turmeric is well known for its anti-inflammatory properties, but did you know it has also been shown to support cellular health, workout recovery, joint health, and brain function?
And not all turmeric is created equal, which is why I always choose Paleovalley Turmeric Complex. Paleovalley uses whole food turmeric and adds coconut oil and black pepper to help with the absorption of turmeric by 2,000%. Hurry and grab yours from Paleovalley.com/jockers to save 15% off today!
Today’s episode is proudly sponsored by Lifeboost Coffee. They provide premium, low acid, healthy coffee that is easy on your gut and 3rd party tested for mycotoxins, molds, heavy metals, plus 450+ toxins. It’s a staple in my household. Hurry and grab your first order for 50% off here: www.LifeboostDeal.com.
As we face more stressful experiences, it is even more important to strengthen your body with good immune support nutrients. Our 10:1 ImmunoCharge formula is designed to help you do that! ImmunoCharge is specifically designed to provide you with optimal dosages of key immune-modulating nutrients and compounds.
These ingredients support the body’s natural immune mechanism to help maintain good health. You can save 30% on ImmunoCharge today by going to https://store.drjockers.com/products/immunocharge.
- Paleovalley Turmeric Complex – Go to paleovalley.com/jockers – to get 15% off today
- Lifeboost Coffee – Click the link for 50% off
- ImmunoCharge – Use Code Immune30 at checkout for 30% off
Connect with Dr. Lindsey Elmore:
Connect with Dr. Jockers:
- If you are interested in being a guest on the show, we would love to hear from you! Please contact us here!