In This Episode:
- 07:01 The Importance of the ‘Quit Sugar Summit’
- 07:16: Sugar and David Jockers’ childhood
- 12:00: What happened when Dr. Jockers started drinking lots of water in college
- 13:17: Discovering the term ‘intermittent fasting’
- 14:40: What is the first thing you need to do to get healthy?
- 15:25: What’s in your salad dressing?
- 18:38: What do we call it when our blood sugar is high?
- 20:19: The dangers of high fructose corn syrup
- 24:27: Should we limit our high-sugar fruit intake?
- 28:34: Understanding ketones as a tool
- 30:45: Our body’s inflammation amplifying system
- 35:32: Understanding the benefits of fasting
- 39:30: What does autophagy actually mean?
- 33:00: What are the hallmarks of all neurodegenerative diseases?
- 46:10: What neuroplasticity has taught us
- 48:16: The importance of having a thriving brain
- 50:30: What does it mean to be ‘hangry’?
- 54:37: Understanding Einstein’s brain
- 55:13: Increasing your own brain connectivity
- 58:25: Understanding proprioception
- 59:06: What is the future of health?
Dr. Jockers is in the hot seat in this episode of Functional Nutrition as he gets interviewed by Mike Collins as part of the ‘Quit Sugar Summit’. If you’ve enjoyed Dr. Jockers when he’s interviewing other guests, or speaking on a particular health topic, then you’re really in for a treat in this episode as he shares his story on how he came to be empowering people to reach their health potential.
There’s valuable information on fructose and corn syrup, and the first three things you can do to kick start your healthier eating regime. And because it’s all told from the perspective of how Dr. Jockers achieved a healthy lifestyle himself, the conversation is super relatable.
Knowledge is power, and with the knowledge that Dr. Jockers is freely dishing out, the power is truly in our hands to make those incremental changes that lead to us ditching the sugar and making more healthy eating decisions in general, setting us up for a lifetime of wellness that is well worth it.
“I really focus on creating the world’s best natural health content to inspire, educate, and empower as many people as possible to reach their health potential.” ~ Dr. David Jockers
We partner with great companies that make superior products that can help benefit your health. These products have gone through a review and vetting process by Dr. Jockers and his team and are products that we use and recommend for others.
They are truly the best of the best supplements, tools, and resources you can find to help improve your health! Even better, we have worked with the manufacturers to get you exclusive community discounts so you can get them for the lowest price on the internet.
Today’s sponsor is Purality Health. Are hidden toxins and stressors making you feel run down and tired? Are you worried about oxidative stress from exposure to EMF, 5G, heavy metals, chemicals, and processed foods? Toxic is the new normal in our modern world.
Toxins in our body take on the role of free radicals, causing oxidative damage on a cellular level that can lead to premature aging and a lower quality of life. One of the most powerful antioxidants known to man is glutathione. It fights free radicals while repairing DNA. However, not all glutathione supplements are created equal. If you’re taking it in capsule or tablet form, you’re missing out on key nutrients that will pass through your body without being absorbed.
Purality Health has a patented formula that utilizes Micelle Liposomal technology which delivers the glutathione nutrients into your bloodstream, which has been proven to be 800% more efficient. Backed by a 180-day money-back guarantee, you can find them at puralityhealth.com and use the coupon code ‘DRJ’ to get a 30% discount coupon.
Paleovalley Bone Broth
When it comes to gut health, bone broth is one of my go-to items I add to my diet. But, not all collagen is created equal. Many brands use poor-quality bones and heating methods that remove all of the potent benefits of collagen.
And that is why I choose to use Paleovalley Bone Broth Protein Powder, you can get all the gut healing benefits without the mess from a company that uses only 100% grass-fed and finished cows and is not processed with high heat or extracted with harmful chemicals.
There are no fillers, flow agents or added flavors. There is only ONE ingredient in this product and it’s bovine bone broth protein. That’s it. And you can get 15% off today using the code “JOCKERS” or by clicking here: paleovalley.com/jockers
This episode is brought to you by Pique, where plants and science intersect to produce teas and supplements of unrivaled efficacy, purity, and convenience. Pique teas are blended with other functional plants specifically designed to support metabolism, gut health, digestion, and shut down appetite…all while helping to ease bloat and curb sugar cravings.
If you practice intermittent fasting, drinking these award-winning flavors will not break your fast! I enjoy Pique teas even when not fasting, so I use different flavors for different benefits throughout my day.
Pique’s revolutionary Tea Crystals—made with cold extraction technology—are organic, vegan, non-GMO, sugar-free, free of preservatives or additives, and triple toxin screened for purity. What’s more, these pure teas dissolve in hot or cold water, so no prep or brewing is required.
Try Pique today risk-free and get 5% off, plus a FREE pouch with 20 premium samples when you purchase a fasting bundle. Head over to piquelife.com/drjockers and use code DRJOCKERS.
- Jockers – Pique – Use Code DRJOCKERS and get 5% off
- paleovalley.com/jockers – get 15% off today using the code “jockers”
- PUREDOSE® Micelle Liposomal Glutathione – Use Coupon Code DRJ for 30% off
- Quit Sugar Summit – The 10th Quit Sugar Summit | Jan 16th – Jan 22nd, 2023
Connect with Dr. David Jockers:
- If you are interested in being a guest on the show, we would love to hear from you! Please contact us here!