In This Episode:
In this interview with Trudy Scott, we discuss how to use amino acids such as GABA, tryptophan, 5-HTP and other compounds such as lithium orotate to help support brain health, reduce anxiety and improve mood.
- 05:00: What was Trudy Scott’s inspiration to solve her anxiety issues through nutrition?
- 07:00 What are the two main neurotransmitters that are common with anxiety?
- 09:20: Where do you start with your anxiety? Physical or mental?
- 10:50: What are the symptoms of a GABA deficiency?
- 16:30: Why and when should you start with GABA supplements?
- 19:40: Why a symptoms questionnaire can yield better results than a urine test
- 23:00: What are the symptoms of low serotonin?
- 27:30: How serotonin is linked to menopause
- 29:20: How do you know what to use and when?
- 31:30: Understanding Serotonin Syndrome
- 32:50: What is the recommended starting dosage for tryptophan?
- 36:00: Trudy’s experience with low-dose lithium
- 38:40: What studies show about lithium and alcohol addiction
- 40:00: Is lithium safe?
- 44:50: Lithium and B12
- 48:55: What is Pyroluria?
- 52:20: Why too much fish oil is not a good thing
- 54:10: What are psychobiotics?
- 55:20: What is causing zinc deficiency?
- 56:50: The value of stomach acid
Do you suffer from anxiety? Do you find yourself stress eating or drinking at the end of the day to relax? Have you heard about using amino acids and low-dose lithium to alleviate your suffering? Trudy Scott is a ‘mood food’ expert and author of ‘The Anti-Anxiety Food Solution’.
She’s chatting with Dr. Jockers today, bringing her wealth of knowledge and clinical experience in giving people a place to start with their anxiety. Together they’re looking at the two different types of neurotransmitter imbalances that are common in people with anxiety and panic attacks — and how to differentiate between the two. These are GABA types and serotonin.
This episode is a truly fascinating insight into our different biochemical imbalances, how birth control impacts your anxiety, as does gluten intolerance, and high cortisol… then how to address our anxiety through natural solutions. The advice is relatable and Tracy’s work is making a huge impact on people’s lives. Please join us!
“I’ll have clients get on the amino acids, get on the nutrients for Pyroluria, and within two to three cycles we’ll see their hormones start to balance.“
We partner with great companies that make superior products that can help benefit your health. These products have gone through a review and vetting process by Dr. Jockers and his team and are products that we use and recommend for others.
They are truly the best of the best supplements, tools, and resources you can find to help improve your health! Even better, we have worked with the manufacturers to get you exclusive community discounts so you can get them for the lowest price on the internet.
Today’s sponsor is Purality Health. Are hidden toxins and stressors making you feel run down and tired? Are you worried about oxidative stress from exposure to EMF, 5G, heavy metals, chemicals, and processed foods? Toxic is the new normal in our modern world.
Toxins in our body take on the role of free radicals, causing oxidative damage on a cellular level that can lead to premature aging and a lower quality of life. One of the most powerful antioxidants known to man is glutathione. It fights free radicals while repairing DNA. However, not all glutathione supplements are created equal. If you’re taking it in capsule or tablet form, you’re missing out on key nutrients that will pass through your body without being absorbed.
Purality Health has a patented formula that utilizes Micelle Liposomal technology which delivers the glutathione nutrients into your bloodstream, which has been proven to be 800% more efficient. Backed by a 180-day money-back guarantee, you can find them at puralityhealth.com and use the coupon code ‘DRJ’ to get a 30% discount coupon.
Paleovalley Bone Broth
When it comes to gut health, bone broth is one of my go-to items I add to my diet. But, not all collagen is created equal. Many brands use poor-quality bones and heating methods that remove all of the potent benefits of collagen.
And that is why I choose to use Paleovalley Bone Broth Protein Powder, you can get all the gut healing benefits without the mess from a company that uses only 100% grass-fed and finished cows and is not processed with high heat or extracted with harmful chemicals.
There are no fillers, flow agents or added flavors. There is only ONE ingredient in this product and it’s bovine bone broth protein. That’s it. And you can get 15% off today using the code “JOCKERS” or by clicking here: paleovalley.com/jockers
This episode is brought to you by Pique, where plants and science intersect to produce teas and supplements of unrivaled efficacy, purity, and convenience. Pique teas are blended with other functional plants specifically designed to support metabolism, gut health, digestion, and shut down appetite…all while helping to ease bloat and curb sugar cravings.
If you practice intermittent fasting, drinking these award-winning flavors will not break your fast! I enjoy Pique teas even when not fasting, so I use different flavors for different benefits throughout my day.
Pique’s revolutionary Tea Crystals—made with cold extraction technology—are organic, vegan, non-GMO, sugar-free, free of preservatives or additives, and triple toxin screened for purity. What’s more, these pure teas dissolve in hot or cold water, so no prep or brewing is required.
Try Pique today risk-free and get 5% off, plus a FREE pouch with 20 premium samples when you purchase a fasting bundle. Head over to piquelife.com/drjockers and use code DRJOCKERS.
- Jockers – Pique – Use Code DRJOCKERS and get 5% off
- paleovalley.com/jockers – get 15% off today using the code “jockers”
- PUREDOSE® Micelle Liposomal Glutathione – Use Coupon Code DRJ for 30% off
Connect with Trudy Scott:
Connect with Dr. David Jockers:
- If you are interested in being a guest on the show, we would love to hear from you! Please contact us here!