In This Episode:
In this podcast, I do a listener Q & A and go over a number of topics including autoimmune thyroid problems, hypoglycemia, prostate problems, chronic stress and the importance of oxytocin to help body and mind.
- 04:30 What is Hyperthyroidism? How can you get better from Graves’ disease?
- 08:10 The distinction between an autoimmune condition and hyperthyroidism
- 10:30 Improving your sleep quality and getting Vitamin D to feel better
- 12:25 Avoing high iodine foods.
- 15:35 What is the best diet for people with hypoglaecemia?
- 19:45 Are you forgetting to eat regularly? What’s causing your hypoglaecemia?
- 23:20 Hydrating between meals (and adding salt to our water) for cellular hydration.
- 26:40 Taking cold showers to boost your dopamine (added mental clarity)
- 29:25 What does Dr. Jockers recommend for better prostate health?
- 33:20 If you’re eating the outer layer of a fruit or vegetable, try going organic
- 37:40 Why blood sugar regulation is key for prostate health
- 40:05 Why zinc is so important for prostates
- 42:20 How to deal with PTSD and how it can inhibit our body’s ability to heal
- 44:10 What happens to your sympathetic system when you have too much trauma?
- 47:17 What is oxytocin? Getting an oxytocin release to balance your stress hormones.
- 49:25 Limbic re-training, faith-based healing, and other techniques for dealing with ‘fight or flight’ trauma
It’s time for another great Q&A with Dr. Jockers and the Functional Nutrition team where we get to hear from our extended online community and find out how we can provide insight and value with what people are struggling with.
The awesome naturopath Dr. Yvonne joins Dr. Jockers in studio today to help you best navigate your health journey and guide you to success. Together they are discussing hyperthyroidism, hypoglycemia, and the best nutrition strategies for that.
There’s also hugely educational information on Graves’ Disease and the dietary changes we can make to ameliorate an autoimmune condition. Getting enough sleep, sun (Vitamin D), and avoiding high-iodine foods are two of the recommendations for dealing with hyperthyroidism.
For the men listening, learn too about BPH (Benign prostatic hyperplasia) and how to practice better prostate health. Plus, some insights on dealing with PTSD with regard to how it can inhibit our body’s ability to heal itself. As usual, it’s all here and it’s all good, relatable information on how we can heal ourselves naturally. Please join us.
“Whenever we’re looking at an autoimmune condition, I always think gut health. We always have to look at leaky gut.“
-Dr. David Jockers
We partner with great companies that make superior products that can help benefit your health. These products have gone through a review and vetting process by Dr. Jockers and his team and are products that we use and recommend for others.
They are truly the best of the best supplements, tools, and resources you can find to help improve your health! Even better, we have worked with the manufacturers to get you exclusive community discounts so you can get them for the lowest price on the internet.
If you are over 40 and seeking to overcome fatigue and brain fog, an excellent solution is available. Carbon 60, also known as C60, is a powerful Nobel Prize-winning antioxidant that optimizes mitochondrial function, combats inflammation and neutralizes toxic free radicals.
Today’s episode is proudly sponsored by shopc60.com. By visiting this website and using the coupon code “JOCKERS,” you can enjoy a 15% discount on your first order. Whether you follow a keto or intermittent fasting lifestyle or have a sensitive digestive system, shopc60.com offers a range of products tailored to your needs.
Paleovalley Grass Fed Organ Complex
But that’s not all! This episode is also brought to you by Paleovalley’s Grass Fed Organ Complex, a game-changer for those looking to benefit from traditional superfoods without tolerating their taste or engaging in extensive cooking.
Paleovalley’s Grass Fed Organ Complex is a standout among their impressive lineup. It features not one but THREE organs sourced from healthy, 100% grass-fed, pasture-raised cows, delivering a diverse array of essential nutrients. For a limited time, you can enjoy a generous 15% discount on the Grass Fed Organ Complex by visiting Paleovalley.com/jockers.
Subscribe To The Podcast On:
- Paleovalley Grass Fed Organ Complex
- Shop Carbon 60 – Use the coupon code “JOCKERS” for 15% OFF your first order in all their products!
- Hyperthyroidism – https://drjockers.com/hyperthyroidism/
- Hypoglycemia – https://drjockers.com/hypoglycemia-natural-solutions/
- Prostate Health – https://drjockers.com/12-ways-improve-prostate/
- Limbic System – https://drjockers.com/limbic-retraining/
- Oxytocin – https://drjockers.com/oxytocin-levels/
Connect with Dr. Ivonne:
Connect with Dr. David Jockers:
- If you are interested in being a guest on the show, we would love to hear from you! Please contact us here!