In This Episode:
In this podcast, I interview the great naturopath Dr Christine Schaffner and we do a deep dive into the root causes of brain and neural inflammation and the association with biotoxin illness and the importance of healthy glymphatic function and brain detoxification.
- 05:20 What is neural inflammation?
- 07:10 What neurotoxins could be causing neural inflammation?
- 08:55 Appreciating that our brain doesn’t actually feel pain.
- 09:27 Where do you start looking for the cause of neural inflammation?
- 11:50 How oral infections can affect our brain.
- 15:20 How are biological dentists interpreting the cone beam scan?
- 16:50 What to look for in a biological dentist.
- 17:50 How do you identify mold – and how does it affect us?
- 21:07 How can we use the microbiome to support us?
- 24:50 How mold can suppress your immune system.
- 27:55 Clinical gem: mold can cause you to be constantly thirsty
- 28:57 How can we get to the root cause of Lyme disease?
- 35:30 Unpacking the glymphatic system as a strategy for healing
- 37:30 The importance of healthy sleep and resolving sinus issues
- 40:50 What dosages of melatonin does Dr. Schaffner recommend?
- 43:40 Understanding what binders we can use
- 45:25 Seeing binders as a way of life (why detoxification is more important than nutrition)
- 46:30 Does Dr. Schaffner recommend rotating binders?
- 48:25 Clinical gem: putting energy into what your life can look like when you feel better.
Is it possible that an amalgam filling (containing mercury) in your mouth is playing a part in your depression? Today’s podcast forms part of the Functional Nutrition Chronic Inflammation Summit, where Dr. Jockers and his team are getting to the root cause of chronic illness.
In conversation with Dr. Christine Schaffner, Dr. Jockers is discussing neural inflammation, glymphatic function, and biotoxin illness.
Dr. Schaffner is a board-certified naturopathic doctor who combines naturopathic and conventional therapies to develop individual treatment plans that focus on the underlying causes of complex chronic illnesses, such as Lyme disease.
Dr. Schaffner is sharing on ‘interference fields’, where neurotoxicity of mercury poisoning from our mouth can be causing neural inflammation. She also provides great insight into the connection between our sinuses and the brain, particularly as it relates to our glymphatic system.
Learn about melatonin supplementation and improved glymphatic function in this powerful episode of Functional Nutrition that addresses the root causes of neural inflammation – and what we can do to prevent it.
There’s also some inspirational wisdom on learning to identify not just with our illness, but rather what our life may look like when we are better. Please join us and please also share this content with someone who you think can benefit from it.
“Brain fog, insomnia, anxiety, depression, fatigue: all of these things really have a root in neural inflammation.“
-Dr. Christine Schaffner
We partner with great companies that make superior products that can help benefit your health. These products have gone through a review and vetting process by Dr. Jockers and his team and are products that we use and recommend for others.
They are truly the best of the best supplements, tools, and resources you can find to help improve your health! Even better, we have worked with the manufacturers to get you exclusive community discounts so you can get them for the lowest price on the internet.
If you are over 40 and seeking to overcome fatigue and brain fog, an excellent solution is available. Carbon 60, also known as C60, is a powerful Nobel Prize-winning antioxidant that optimizes mitochondrial function, combats inflammation and neutralizes toxic free radicals.
Today’s episode is proudly sponsored by shopc60.com. By visiting this website and using the coupon code “JOCKERS,” you can enjoy a 15% discount on your first order. Whether you follow a keto or intermittent fasting lifestyle or have a sensitive digestive system, shopc60.com offers a range of products tailored to your needs.
Paleovalley Grass Fed Organ Complex
But that’s not all! This episode is also brought to you by Paleovalley’s Grass Fed Organ Complex, a game-changer for those looking to benefit from traditional superfoods without tolerating their taste or engaging in extensive cooking.
Paleovalley’s Grass Fed Organ Complex is a standout among their impressive lineup. It features not one but THREE organs sourced from healthy, 100% grass-fed, pasture-raised cows, delivering a diverse array of essential nutrients. For a limited time, you can enjoy a generous 15% discount on the Grass Fed Organ Complex by visiting Paleovalley.com/jockers.
Subscribe To The Podcast On:
- Paleovalley Grass Fed Organ Complex
- Shop Carbon 60 – Use the coupon code “JOCKERS” for 15% OFF your first order in all their products!
Connect with Dr. Christine Schaffner:
- Website – https://www.drchristineschaffner.com/
Connect with Dr. David Jockers:
- If you are interested in being a guest on the show, we would love to hear from you! Please contact us here!