In This Episode:
In this podcast, I interview digestive health expert and founder of HealthyGut.com Steve Wright and we discuss the importance of oxygen, postbiotics and short chain fatty acids in reducing gut inflammation and healing leaky gut syndrome.
- 05:25 What are some of the biggest mistakes people are making in terms of treating leaky gut?
- 06:50 Why we shouldn’t only focus on ‘tight junction integrity.’
- 07:37 Understanding immune dysfunction.
- 08:45 What happens when expensive supplements don’t work?
- 11:10 Appreciating that different tissues have different needs.
- 12:08 Why is oxygen so important?
- 15:00 What are HIFs?
- 17:15 Is there a way to test your HIF levels?
- 20:33 What are some strategies to improve your gut’s microbiome diversity?
- 23:30 What happens when you replace Butyric Acid as a supplement?
- 25:00 Where do stomach acids and enzymes fit in the hierarchy of gut support?
- 29:15 How probiotics help with immune system regulation
- 30:40 When do you introduce probiotics?
- 32:05 What does apple cider vinegar do?
- 34:05 When to go in the opposite direction to find your gut solution
- 34:44 Unpacking the role of glyphosate (herbicide) on leaky gut syndrome
- 38:25 Addressing our overall toxic environment
- 41:00 What is the key to getting Butyric Acid deep into our system?
- 43:45 What kind of results is Steven Wright getting with Tributyrin-X?
- 45:40 The importance of low oxygen environment in our gut
- 46:33 “Just keep going!” – final words of inspiration
Have you considered oxygen as being part of YOUR solution for fixing leaky gut? Intestinal permeability (leaky gut) is a major issue, driving up inflammation in the body.
Leaky gut is also at the root of autoimmune conditions (eczema, cirrhosis, lupus, and rheumatoid arthritis – to name a few). It is something that the wellness world is trying to solve from several approaches.
Today’s guest is one such member of the natural health and wellness world: health engineer and gut health specialist Steven Wright. Steven has created a wide range of products to keep your gut healthy, all of which can be found on his website, healthygut.com.
Steven has been doing some amazing research on delivering oxygen to our guts to strengthen our intestinal lining and heal up some of the ‘tight junctions’ that develop over time. He is at the cutting edge of gut health research and his approach to how we consider the entire environment of our gut is one that will resonate with fans of Dr. Jockers and his holistic approach to health.
This episode is an absolute must-listen for anyone dealing with chronic autoimmune conditions. So please take the time to share it with them; you never know when you may save or improve someone’s life with a new approach to a health problem they may be struggling with.
This is valuable information that can give you a ‘leg up’ on your wellness journey. Please join us and leave us a five-star review along the way!
“If you don’t have the right environment for the gut to behave, you can’t expect it to behave correctly.“
– Steven Wright
We partner with great companies that make superior products that can help benefit your health. These products have gone through a review and vetting process by Dr. Jockers and his team and are products that we use and recommend for others.
They are truly the best of the best supplements, tools, and resources you can find to help improve your health! Even better, we have worked with the manufacturers to get you exclusive community discounts so you can get them for the lowest price on the internet.
If you are over 40 and seeking to overcome fatigue and brain fog, an excellent solution is available. Carbon 60, also known as C60, is a powerful Nobel Prize-winning antioxidant that optimizes mitochondrial function, combats inflammation and neutralizes toxic free radicals.
Today’s episode is proudly sponsored by shopc60.com. By visiting this website and using the coupon code “JOCKERS,” you can enjoy a 15% discount on your first order. Whether you follow a keto or intermittent fasting lifestyle or have a sensitive digestive system, shopc60.com offers a range of products tailored to your needs.
Paleovalley Bone Broth Protein Powder
When it comes to gut health, bone broth is one of my ‘go to’ items I add to my diet. But, not all collagen is created equal. Many brands use poor-quality bones and heating methods that remove all of the potent benefits of collagen.
That is why I choose to use Paleovalley Bone Broth Protein Powder, you can get all the gut healing benefits without the mess from a company that uses only 100% grass-fed and finished cows and is not processed with high heat or extracted with harmful chemicals.
There are no fillers, flow agents, or added flavors. There is only ONE ingredient in this product and it’s bovine bone broth protein. Hurry and grab yours from Paleovalley.com
Subscribe To The Podcast On:
- Shop Carbon 60 – Use the coupon code “JOCKERS” for 15% OFF your first order in all their products!
Connect with Steven Wright:
- Website – https://healthygut.com/
Connect with Dr. David Jockers:
- If you are interested in being a guest on the show, we would love to hear from you! Please contact us here!