In This Episode:
In this episode, I interview Dr Brian Mowll and we discuss key strategies to stabilize blood sugar, improve insulin resistance, burn fat for fuel and reduce inflammation.
- 04:43 What is blood sugar and how does our body count regulate that?
- 07:40 Understanding why we get ‘hangry’
- 09:15 What are AGEs?
- 09:55 How can someone develop insulin resistance?
- 12:15 What happens when we eat protein or fat in terms of insulin release?
- 13:40 Understanding insulin’s job(s)
- 14:22 What is insulin resistance?
- 16:23 How elevated cortisol levels can lead to insulin resistance.
- 20:28 Understanding how pre-diabetes can lead to diabetes
- 23:25 Why pre-diabetes should be taken as seriously as Type 2 Diabetes
- 26:20 Findings from a Lancet study reclassifying diabetes
- 29:10 The importance of a Diabetes antibody test
- 33:35 What can support you from a nutrition perspective if you have diabetes?
- 38:27 Can vegetable oils impact your insulin sensitivity?
- 40:08 How inflammation is the #1 cause of insulin resistance
- 43:11 Can you try intermittent fasting if you are diabetic?
- 47:50 Is your body metabolically fit?
- 48:30 What other lifestyle activities are important for reversing your insulin resistance?
- 51:40 How a lack of quality sleep can lead to dysbiosis in the gut
- 52:30 What nutrients and supplements does Dr. Mowll recommend?
- 55:45 What is biotin?
- 58:15 Indian gooseberry and bergamot as a remedy for diabetes
- 1:00:00 Gymnema to reduce your sugar cravings!
How do you reduce inflammation in your body and help it heal better? Today’s episode covers everything you need to know about blood sugar, diabetes, pre-diabetes, and chronic inflammation.
To unpack these important topics is Dr. Brian Mowll, the founder and medical director of SweetLife® Diabetes Health Centers who serves clients worldwide as The Diabetes Coach™. Dr. Mowll helps people with all forms of diabetes properly manage their complex health conditions.
What is blood sugar? What is hypoglycemia? What can happen in our body when we have low blood sugar – or when it gets too high? What are AGEs and how can someone develop insulin resistance?
Dr. Mowll answers these questions – and more – in a fascinating oversight of blood sugar, insulin, and insulin resistance that will surely appeal to anyone struggling with diabetes or chronic inflammation.
If you know of someone struggling with inflammation, please share this episode with them as we believe that this content has the power to change lives! Please join us.
“When we look at the blood sugar it’s really important because it is our most readily available source of glucose to burn for fuel.”
-Dr. Brian Mowll
We partner with great companies that make superior products that can help benefit your health. These products have gone through a review and vetting process by Dr. Jockers and his team and are products that we use and recommend for others.
They are truly the best of the best supplements, tools, and resources you can find to help improve your health! Even better, we have worked with the manufacturers to get you exclusive community discounts so you can get them for the lowest price on the internet.
This podcast is sponsored by ShopC60.com. C60 is a powerful, Nobel Prize-winning antioxidant, that helps to optimize mitochondrial function, fights inflammation, and neutralizes toxic free radicals!
I’m a big fan of using C60 in conjunction with your keto and intermittent fasting lifestyle to support your immune system, help your body detox, and increase energy and mental clarity.
My favorite C60 products for Keto & IF lifestyles include C60 Purple Power in Organic MCT Coconut Oil (you can add this to your coffee) and their delicious Sugar-Free C60 Gummies (made with allulose and monk fruit)!
If you are over the age of 40, and you’d like to kick fatigue and brain fog to the curb this year, visit shopc60.com and use the coupon code “JOCKERS” for 15% OFF and start taking back control over your health today!
Paleovalley Vitamin C
Vitamin C is a critical compound when it comes to supporting the immune system. It’s also really good for your skin – and for your energy!
Paleovalley’s Essential C Complex is a really powerful, pure Vitamin C supplement. Unlike most Vitamin C supplements, it contains zero synthetic ingredients. In fact it’s made from three of the most potent Vitamin C sources on Earth!
Get a stronger immune system, healthier skin, and more energy today! Check out Paleovalley’s Essential C Complex at paleovalley.com/jockers
Subscribe To The Podcast On:
Visit https://shopc60.com/jockers – Use code “JOCKERS” to get 15% off!
Paleovalley’s Essential C Complex – visit paleovalley.com/jockers
Connect with Dr. Brian Mowll:
- Website – Dr. Brian Mowll
- The ProFAST Diet – The ProFAST Diet: Burn Fat and Reverse Type 2 Diabetes in Only Six Weeks
- Podcast – https://masteringbloodsugar.buzzsprout.com/
- Instagram – Dr. Brian Mowll (@drmowll) • Instagram photos and videos
Connect with Dr. David Jockers:
- If you are interested in being a guest on the show, we would love to hear from you! Please contact us here!