In This Episode:
- How the BEST type of exercise battles the bulge, plus depression and anxiety in the short and long term.
- What compels us to move less and how far back can we trace this trend based on tracking average daily movement?
- How structured exercise and THIS superior form of exercise team up to deliver the biggest impact in the least amount of time.
- The reason why 85 to 90% of us FAIL when we embark on a physical exercise journey (and how the old paradigm undermines our efforts to reach our weight and fitness goals).
- Why you hit a plateau when trying to lose weight (P.S. The recipe for failure is shaped by a stigma over resistance training, even by doctors).
- THIS science-supported proof reinforces resistance training, especially in the way it impacts hormones – in men and women! – related to insulin resistance.
- The best way to start basic resistance training and which parts empower you the most.
Today’s episode is proudly sponsored by Paleovalley and its 100% grass-fed beef and 100% pasture-raised turkey meat sticks, one of the choice snacks in my household. Hurry and grab yours from Paleovalley.com/jockers and be sure to use code JOCKERS at checkout for an extra 15% off!
BIG NEWS! Dr. Jockers just released his BRAND NEW book on Fasting! It’s called — Fasting Transformation: A Functional Guide To Burn Fat, Heal Your Body, And Transform Your Life With Intermittent And Extended Fasting. AND we’re so excited that it’s now available on AMAZON! We’d love your support (and if you like the book) I know he’d appreciate a review too! Claim Your Copy Here.
When Joseph Addison said, “reading is to the mind what exercise is to the body,” he was right – to a certain degree. Physical exercise is great for the body, but it is even more beneficial to the mind. Sal Di Stefano of Mind Pump Media joins Dr. Jockers in today’s episode to talk about the wonders of movement and the right type of exercise for our mental and physical health. He reiterates the importance of exercising properly and consistently, hence, the right type of exercise should support and respect people’s busy lifestyles and priorities. Find out the best type of exercise that can help you reach your goals faster and stick to them almost permanently.
“The benefits of properly applied exercise can be compounded over time, while not doing it properly can be bad for you and your body.”
– Sal Di Stefano
Subscribe to the podcast on:
- Paleovalley Beef Sticks – Use Code JOCKERS for 15% off
- The Fasting Transformation by Dr. David Jockers
- The Resistance Training Revolution, by Sal Di Stefano
- Subscribe and leave a review today
Connect with Sal Di Stefano:
Connect with Dr. Jockers:
- If you are interested in being a guest on the show, we would love to hear from you! Please contact us here!
People who listened to this podcast also enjoyed:
- Autophagy, Fat Burning, and Muscle Building
- The Science of Fasting & Nutritional Ketosis with Dr. Dominic D’agostino
- 8 Foods That Strengthen Immunity
- Improving Vagal Tone For Better Mental and Emotional Health
- Morning Fatigue: Causes & 7 Steps to Enhance Energy