In This Episode:
In this episode, I interview Maria Marlowe, a certified nutritionist specializing in skin health, and we discuss the truth about acne, skin inflammation and the best strategies to optimize skin health and look and feel beautiful!
- 04:05 How did Maria become so interested in acne care?
- 06:22 What is the root cause of acne?
- 12:15 Debunking the myth of ‘3 types of skin.’
- 15:20 Why the ‘gut-brain-skin’ axis matters
- 18:30 How depression can be linked to acne.
- 19:00 What is the link between low stomach acid and acne?
- 20:55 What are the best foods to eat when dealing with acne?
- 24:55 The importance of keeping your blood sugar stable
- 27:25 What are the top supplements and probiotics that Maria recommends?
- 29:35 What if Accutane doesn’t work?
- 31:25 How acne can be a blessing in disguise
- 32:20 Unpacking the global statistics around teenagers and acne
- 37:55 What is the 90-Day Clear Skin Plan about?
- 40:03 What results is Maria seeing with her clients?
- 43:00 Last words of wisdom from Maria (“don’t give up”)
- 43:55 Maria’s thoughts on red light therapy for your skin
What are the root causes of acne? And why is the gut-brain-skin connection so important? Today’s episode covers the best strategies you can take to have healthy, glowing skin.
To provide insight into this important topic is Maria Marlowe, a certified nutritionist specializing in acne and the founder of Kuma, a skincare company that is on a mission to revolutionize how we think about skincare from outside only to inside out.
In this episode, Maria and Dr. Jockers debunk some important social myths about acne as well as provide suggestions on diet and lifestyle changes you can make to have healthier skin.
Learn how to clear your skin and optimize your diet with ‘The Acne Nutritionist’, who has helped thousands of people clear their skin naturally.
If you’re ready to clear your skin, calm your mind, heal your gut, and improve your health, you’ve come to the right place for an important conversation about skincare that is ultimately about personal care and well-being too!
Lastly, Happy 400th Episode of Functional Nutrition to our much-appreciated community!
“Acne is actually classified as a chronic inflammatory skin disorder. It’s not a bacterial infection. Everyone thinks it’s caused by bacteria – it’s not.”
We partner with great companies that make superior products that can help benefit your health. These products have gone through a review and vetting process by Dr. Jockers and his team and are products that we use and recommend for others.
They are truly the best of the best supplements, tools, and resources you can find to help improve your health! Even better, we have worked with the manufacturers to get you exclusive community discounts so you can get them for the lowest price on the internet.
This podcast is sponsored by ShopC60.com. C60 is a powerful, Nobel Prize-winning antioxidant, that helps to optimize mitochondrial function, fights inflammation, and neutralizes toxic free radicals!
I’m a big fan of using C60 in conjunction with your keto and intermittent fasting lifestyle to support your immune system, help your body detox, and increase energy and mental clarity.
My favorite C60 products for Keto & IF lifestyles include C60 Purple Power in Organic MCT Coconut Oil (you can add this to your coffee) and their delicious Sugar-Free C60 Gummies (made with allulose and monk fruit)!
If you are over the age of 40, and you’d like to kick fatigue and brain fog to the curb this year, visit shopc60.com and use the coupon code “JOCKERS” for 15% OFF and start taking back control over your health today!
Paleovalley Vitamin C
Vitamin C is a critical compound when it comes to supporting the immune system. It’s also really good for your skin – and for your energy!
Paleovalley’s Essential C Complex is a really powerful, pure Vitamin C supplement. Unlike most Vitamin C supplements, it contains zero synthetic ingredients. In fact it’s made from three of the most potent Vitamin C sources on Earth!
Get a stronger immune system, healthier skin, and more energy today! Check out Paleovalley’s Essential C Complex at paleovalley.com/jockers
Subscribe To The Podcast On:
Visit https://shopc60.com/jockers – Use code “JOCKERS” to get 15% off!
Paleovalley’s Essential C Complex – visit paleovalley.com/jockers
Connect with Maria Marlowe:
Website – https://mariamarlowe.com/
Podcast – https://mariamarlowe.com/podcast/
Books: Real Food Grocery Guide – https://a.co/d/6N3ogWQ
Be Healthy Every Day – https://a.co/d/eKTSMmS
Connect with Dr. David Jockers:
- If you are interested in being a guest on the show, we would love to hear from you! Please contact us here!