In This Episode:
In this podcast, I interview nutrition researcher Beth Shirley and we discuss the role of nitric oxide and its wide-ranging effects on the cardiovascular system, immune system, brain and hormonal health and more.
- 04:18 What is nitric oxide?
- 07:35 What are the three main nitric oxide enzymes?
- 11:27 How stress causes oxidative stress
- 12:50 What is peroxynitrite? Understanding the inflammatory process
- 14:40 What are the symptoms that you’re not producing enough nitric oxide?
- 17:10 How do get nitrates from the foods that we eat?
- 18:43 What foods are high in nitrates?
- 19:50 What do PPIs do?
- 20:40 Should you be taking antiseptic mouthwash?
- 22:35 What are the different pathways for forming nitric oxide?
- 24:55 Vitamin C as the ultimate antioxidant (helping the coupling process)
- 27:00 What is the role of magnesium and potassium in nitric oxide function?
- 29:20 How can you test your nitric oxide levels?
- 32:00 Arugula as the #1 source of nitrates from your diet
- 33:10 The value of lemon juice on your salad (and other lifestyle strategies)
- 34:50 How to avoid glyphosate
- 37:00 What happens when we don’t produce nitric oxide properly
- 39:55 The importance of good sleep to reduce oxidative stress
- 43:20 Optimizing your nitric oxide to stay healthy
- 44:55 Check out the nitric oxide powder here
What is nitric oxide and how important is its production in order for us to stay healthy? Very important, as it turns out. Here today to share on the critical role that nitric oxide plays in our cardio, brain, and hormonal health is Beth Shirley.
Beth Shirley is a registered pharmacist, certified clinical nutritionist and one of the premier thought leaders on the importance of nitric oxide production in the body. Learn why mouthwash may be a bad idea for your mouth microbiome and the difference between nitrates and nitrites in today’s hugely informative episode!
What are the symptoms that you’re not producing enough nitric oxide? What foods are high in nitrates? And what happens when we don’t produce nitric oxide properly?
Beth Shirley and Dr. Jockers answers these questions – and more – in an episode that reminds us that nitric oxide production is the key ingredient for circulation, learning, memory, kidneys, getting your hormones started, healthy lungs, and healthy sex!
Trust us when we tell you this is one episode you won’t want to miss!
“Nitric oxide is just a molecule of nitrogen and a molecule of oxygen. But this molecule touches every single physiological process.”
We partner with great companies that make superior products that can help benefit your health. These products have gone through a review and vetting process by Dr. Jockers and his team and are products that we use and recommend for others.
They are truly the best of the best supplements, tools, and resources you can find to help improve your health! Even better, we have worked with the manufacturers to get you exclusive community discounts so you can get them for the lowest price on the internet.
This podcast is sponsored by ShopC60.com. C60 is a powerful, Nobel Prize-winning antioxidant, that helps to optimize mitochondrial function, fights inflammation, and neutralizes toxic free radicals!
I’m a big fan of using C60 in conjunction with your keto and intermittent fasting lifestyle to support your immune system, help your body detox, and increase energy and mental clarity.
My favorite C60 products for Keto & IF lifestyles include C60 Purple Power in Organic MCT Coconut Oil (you can add this to your coffee) and their delicious Sugar-Free C60 Gummies (made with allulose and monk fruit)!
If you are over the age of 40, and you’d like to kick fatigue and brain fog to the curb this year, visit shopc60.com and use the coupon code “JOCKERS” for 15% OFF and start taking back control over your health today!
Paleovalley Vitamin C
Vitamin C is a critical compound when it comes to supporting the immune system. It’s also really good for your skin – and for your energy!
Paleovalley’s Essential C Complex is a really powerful, pure Vitamin C supplement. Unlike most Vitamin C supplements, it contains zero synthetic ingredients. In fact it’s made from three of the most potent Vitamin C sources on Earth!
Get a stronger immune system, healthier skin, and more energy today! Check out Paleovalley’s Essential C Complex at paleovalley.com/jockers
Subscribe To The Podcast On:
visit https://shopc60.com/jockers – Use code “JOCKERS” to get 15% off!
Paleovalley’s Essential C Complex – visit paleovalley.com/jockers
Nitric Oxide powder – https://store.drjockers.com/products/nitric-oxide-power
Connect with Beth Shirley:
Connect with Dr. David Jockers:
- If you are interested in being a guest on the show, we would love to hear from you! Please contact us here!