In This Episode:
In this podcast, I interview NY Times bestselling author Dr Jason Fung and we discuss the best strategies to burn fat and reverse insulin resistance naturally.
- 04:00 What is the root cause of obesity (and why is society still struggling with it?)
- 08:40 What happens we get rid of the hormonal satiety factors in our food?
- 10:20 Origins of the “break fast”
- 15:00 Debunking the calorie myth
- 18:00 Understanding insulin in the ‘hierarchy of hormones’
- 23:00 What causes weight gain?
- 24:55 What effects does insulin have?
- 30:10 How to get started with fasting (unpacking this powerful solution)
- 35:40 Appreciating what happens when we fast
- 40:00 How growth hormone holds onto our muscle tissue (so we’re actually stronger after a fast)
- 41:30 The benefits of fasting (from autophagy to mitochondrial health)
- 43:00 What is the insulin effect on chronic health?
- 45:30 Last words and inspiration from Dr. Fung
What is the relationship between insulin and diabetes? Dr. Jockers is in conversation today with Dr. Jason Fung, and the two highly acclaimed health practitioners are discussing the best nutrition and lifestyle strategies to heal insulin resistance naturally.
Dr. Jason Fung is a New York Times bestselling author of several books, including The Obesity Code and The Diabetes Code. He is also the author of The Complete Guide to Fasting and has an upcoming book too, The Cancer Code.
What precautions should you take when beginning intermittent fasting, especially if you have diabetes or suffer from kidney or heart disease? Why is society still struggling with obesity, considering how much we now know? Should we be counting calories to lose weight – or is there a deeper issue that we need to address?
The answers to these questions (and more!) in this insightful episode of Functional Nutrition. Learn that burning fat is about far more than just caloric deficit.
Please share this information with anyone you know and care about that will benefit from this content as we believe that it saves lives.
“If you say to someone ‘just eat fewer calories’, that’s the same thing as ‘just don’t hit icebergs’, right? You’re not getting into the deeper reason as to why they’re eating too many calories.“
-Dr. Jason Fung
We partner with great companies that make superior products that can help benefit your health. These products have gone through a review and vetting process by Dr. Jockers and his team and are products that we use and recommend for others.
They are truly the best of the best supplements, tools, and resources you can find to help improve your health! Even better, we have worked with the manufacturers to get you exclusive community discounts so you can get them for the lowest price on the internet.
If you are over 40 and seeking to overcome fatigue and brain fog, an excellent solution is available. Carbon 60, also known as C60, is a powerful Nobel Prize-winning antioxidant that optimizes mitochondrial function, combats inflammation and neutralizes toxic free radicals.
Today’s episode is proudly sponsored by shopc60.com. By visiting this website and using the coupon code “JOCKERS,” you can enjoy a 15% discount on your first order. Whether you follow a keto or intermittent fasting lifestyle or have a sensitive digestive system, shopc60.com offers a range of products tailored to your needs.
Paleovalley Grass Fed Organ Complex
But that’s not all! This episode is also brought to you by Paleovalley’s Grass Fed Organ Complex, a game-changer for those looking to benefit from traditional superfoods without tolerating their taste or engaging in extensive cooking.
Paleovalley’s Grass Fed Organ Complex is a standout among their impressive lineup. It features not one but THREE organs sourced from healthy, 100% grass-fed, pasture-raised cows, delivering a diverse array of essential nutrients. For a limited time, you can enjoy a generous 15% discount on the Grass Fed Organ Complex by visiting Paleovalley.com/jockers.
Subscribe To The Podcast On:
- Paleovalley Grass Fed Organ Complex
- Shop Carbon 60 – Use the coupon code “JOCKERS” for 15% OFF your first order in all their products!
Connect with Dr. Jason Fung:
Website – https://www.doctorjasonfung.com/
Website (The Fasting Method) – https://blog.thefastingmethod.com/
Connect with Dr. David Jockers:
- If you are interested in being a guest on the show, we would love to hear from you! Please contact us here!